Saturday, December 18, 2010

California- Day 3

Day 3 was a trip to Sacramento. I drove my mom to work in Stockton and met many of her co-workers. They spilled the beans that my mom was so excited to see me. : ) After I dropped her off, I continued the drive up North to Sacramento for my first stop of the day.

I went to see my Great Aunt Georgia. I haven't seen her since I left three years ago. She still looks beautiful! She is probably 90 years old and still living on her own. During our visit her son Kenneth and his wife Marilyn arrived from Hawaii. This was the first time I got to meet him. Although, I probably have met him, but was just a little toddler. It was a wonderful visit to catch up with my Aunt and meet some 2nd cousins.


I will be making another trip to see her before I leave California. She wants to see my kids, since they are not so little anymore.

After the visit with my Aunt, I had lunch with Karen. I can't even remember the first time I met her, we have know each other for years. She was in Rainbow and I was in Job's Daughters. We sat in IHOP for over two hours chatting about life. I will have to visit her again with my kids. She said the last time she saw me, my kids were little. They are not so little anymore.

I left Karen and headed back to Stockton to pick my mom up from work. Our next stop was going to be dinner at Modesto's VFW Post for a Christmas dinner. My mom, the girls, Kenny, Taushia, and I had a wonderful evening. We sang some Christmas songs and Santa stopped by for a visit. At the end of the evening there was a raffle, so I purchased two raffle tickets. I actually won a beautiful, homemade quilt! I will go perfect in my house.

The girls got some Zhu Zhu pets. I guess they are the craze this holiday season.

The girls waiting for Santa.

My sister-in-law Taushia.

My "baby" brother, Kenny.

The beautiful quilt I won with the quilt maker. My brother laughed at me when I won, because I was jumping up and down clapping like a dork he said. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment