Saturday, December 18, 2010

California- Day 2

I decided day two was going to be a lazy day. I didn't make any plans, so I could have a day of rest after traveling. I did need to go by the bank in town and I had keys to the Geo, but decided to take a walk. I walked the 1.2 miles to the bank. It was cloudy and overcast, but in the mid-50s. A lot warmer compared to the 14 degrees in Alabama. My California bank account is at Chase in Century Center. Last I heard it was one of the most robbed banks in Modesto. I think they put a stop to that, because now the tellers are sitting behind a 4 inch think glass wall.

My next stop was the Hallmark shop. I found my yearly ornament I like to buy. When I used my debit card, the cashier asked to see my id. I showed it to her and she thought it was the neatest thing to see a driver's license from Alabama.

Next I went to Raley's to find a snack and check out some prices. A gallon of milk, where Happy Cows come from is only $2.90. The last I paid for a gallon of milk in Alabama, the price was $3.60. Not that everyone cares about the prices, but I find that intriguing. Best part about my grocery purchases was NO SALES TAX!!!

While walking through Raley's one of the store managers asked me how I was enjoying the weather since I was a snow bird. I was confused on why he would have thought I was a snow bird and then he pointed out I was wearing a Patriots sweatshirt. I explained it was a Hillcrest Patriots sweatshirt and I was visiting from Alabama. As I was checking out the cashier said both of his kids were Patriots. I said really, they went to Hillcrest too. He had a quizzical look on his face, when I mentioned Hillcrest. He then explained to me that their was a high school in town called Beyer and they were the Patriots. I was polite and said I know, I am a Downey Knight.

I changed my sweatshirt when I got back to the house, because my next stop was to roam my old high school. And I know I could not walk around Downey in a Patriot's sweatshirt. Oh the days of high school, so many memories.

The evening was spent at Big Valley Grace Community Church enjoying a concert with my mom, Jerry, and Miss Chloe. I think Miss Chloe enjoyed the cookies the best during Intermission. It was a great concert filled with some wonderful music.

Overall, a great relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment