Thursday, December 16, 2010

California- Day 1

It has been nearly 3 years since I was last home in California for a visit. My day started at 2 a.m. Yes, 2 a.m. I don't mind waking up in the morning, but 2 a.m. is way too early. We had to leave by 3:30 a.m. to get to the Birmingham airport in time for my 6 a.m. (CST) flight.

I made it through security without being touched or having any alarms sound. I was smart. I took my empty water bottle I am always carrying through security and filled it up at a water fountain. Probably saved me several dollars. The little 4 ozs of water they serve on the plane will not work for me.

I sat by the window unfortunately right next to the wing, so I could not get any pictures from the air. I dozed off and on throughout the flight. It was a long four hour flight to Phoenix. We finally made it to Phoenix without any problems. My connecting flight from Phoenix to Sacramento was delayed, because my plane needed to make an emergency landing in Albuquerque. From what I overheard a gentleman started to get kidney stone pains, so they landed for him.

I again sat by the window to be able to see the geography. I was on the look out for geographic features of the land. I noticed some meandering streams, agriculture fields, and other features of the land that is not noticed from the ground.







The flight from Phoenix to Sacramento was around two hours. When we were flying over the Sierra Nevadas all I could see was clouds, but they were cool clouds. I wanted to get out of the plane to run and jump on them.


The flight landed safely in Sacramento (obviously it did, since I am writing this post). I found my bags...


We arrived at my nieces school just as they were getting out for the day. Katelynn (4 years) didn't recognize me. When I moved she was only one year old. Kendall and Katelynn came running once they saw me. It was wonderful! And they were all wearing their Alabama shirts!





After school my brother drove me to a delicious Mexician restaurant, so I could eat some lunch/dinner. It was an exhausting day, so today I am just going to lounge around. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment