Happy Birthday Mom! Today was my mom's birthday and we planned on driving up to San Francisco to pick up my kids from the airport, but first we had a few other stops to begin our day.
I joined Kenny and his family at their church, Crosswalk Community Church of the Nazarene. The girls and the other children sang some Christmas songs to the congregation. They were cute as always! Kendall ended up in Urgent Care later in the afternoon with a blown ear drum. She still can't hear out of her left ear.
As soon as those church services were over, I drove over to my mother-in-law's church for more Church services. Afterwards it was home to pack bags for San Francisco!
The kids flights were delayed about two hours, so my mom and I checked into our hotel early. When I left to pick up the kids, my brother's car would not start. After a deep breath of frustration, I found out the hotel offered an airport shuttle service for FREE! I am thankful the car didn't start because the shuttle service ended up being a great deal. I didn't have to worry about parking or navigating my way around that airport.
The next morning we took advantage of the gorgeous walking trail that went around the bay near the hotel. I will let the photos describe our fun.
 |
| The nice place we spent the night at. |
 |
| The day has to start off right with a yummy, fresh made waffle by Elisa. |
 |
| My son thought it would be entertaining to climb on the roof. |
 |
| The walking trail that lead us on an early morning adventure. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you enjoyed your day in the Bay Area. |
 |
| Someone's happy to be back in California. :) |
 |
Can't you see the love them have for each other.
|
 |
| I'm a tree. |
 |
| Jay and Elisa spent about 10 minutes working together to balance themselves. |
After we checked out of the hotel, we had Kenny's car jumped started and found the nearest Costco to see if the battery needed to be replaced. The battery is fine and didn't need to be replaced. It was good for the rest of the day. At Costco, the kids and I got some Churro sticks. We can't find them in Alabama. They were yummy!
After Costco we decided to start heading towards Modesto, but we ended up taking a detour to Half Moon Bay. I borrowed Corie's GPS system, so Tom Tom helped us find our way. It was a beautiful drive through the mountain. Jay was in charge of putting information into the Tom Tom. He lead us right to Round Table Pizza for lunch. Imagine that a 14 year old wants to eat, again.
It has been three years since the kids have seen the ocean. We miss living in San Diego. The kids ended up playing in the water, while my mom and I froze watching them play.
You guys are so cute! I miss you too! And Happy Birthday Tammi's Mom!
ReplyDelete