Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow in Alabama?

This has happened the past three years we have lived in Tuscaloosa. We get a few inches of snow and the place shuts down. I don't really mind when it happens during the work week and I get the paid day off. This year it happened on January 10th. Northern Alabama was hit hard with snow. I had two students stuck at home for several days with a foot of snow. Yes, to those who live in the North a foot of snow is not much, but Alabama is used to rain, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and tornadoes, not snow. There are not enough snow plows to clear the roads or highways. In fact, Birmingham Airport ran out of de-icer so flights were canceled. The joke around here is that since Auburn University made it to the BCS Championship game Hell must be freezing over. There were many upset Auburn fans stuck at the airport. I took some pictures of our "snow" day (it was actually more like ice).

Little icicles hanging from my truck.



 I wasn't able to move the wipers on the car.

 Poor Tiegra didn't know what to think of the yard.


 Look I was outside with no socks in mid-20s degrees. I should have taken a picture of my hair. I just got out of the shower before I went outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment