Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Friendly Frogs

Elisa is always up to some type of activity. Last night Elisa and her friend Katie decided to go hunting for frogs. First Katie asked if we had a flashlight, we said yes, they are in the garage. Then Elisa asked for a jar and a drill. A drill??? Elisa wanted to make sure the frogs didn't die in their new home.

It seems Elisa has a liking for frogs. I must share the story about the first time we went to visit my sister in Louisiana. My sister's land is constantly flooding from rain and in the ponds that surround her property lives some frogs. Not only do they have frogs, but tadpoles as well.  Elisa decided it would be fun to put some tadpoles in my water bottle. I always seem to have a water bottle nearby, obviously, I was not paying attention to Elisa taking off with my water bottle. Anyways, I discovered her tadpole after I had been drinking my water and noticed something looking at me. Now, when I visit my sister I keep my water bottle with me at all times and check it for tadpoles BEFORE drinking.



Katie giving her new pet a kiss.

Look how excited the frog is.

Elisa is super excited with her catch.


They are attempting to catch the frog in the road.

This one made Elisa scream, because she smashed his leg.

The frogs are putting good at hiding in the bushes.




By the end of the night, the girls caught three frogs.
Thankfully, the girls were nice enough to release them back into the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment