The past few months have been busy, as usual. Jay and Elisa started their soccer season at school the end of January. Jay played on the Varsity team and Elisa was on the Junior Varsity team. It was a great season. Jay's team made it to playoffs, but lost in the second round. The girl's Varsity team played all the way to the finish and won the Alabama State Soccer Championships for Class 5A. Next year, Chelsea High School will be moving up to Class 6A. The school has been growing the past few years.
March is typically the kid's favorite month of the year. Jay had his 16th birthday on March 9. He has had a learner's permit for the past year. We wanted to get him his driver's license, but the truck died and he doesn't know how to drive my car yet (it's a manual). Instead of a license's he got a Kindle to read books with. Elisa had her 14th birthday on March 2. Instead of presents, she opted for a day in Tuscaloosa with Madison.
I finished another semester of school. I only have three more years until I earn my teaching degree in Family and Consumer Science, Secondary Education. I quit my part-time job at Walmart and began working in the Shelby County School district as a substitute. Jon is still around. He just works and comes home.
I hope you enjoy some photos of the kids and their friends...they are why we are also so active.
 |
| Elisa, Brittany, Nicole, and Katie |
 |
| Elisa's team had a soccer tournament near the lake. It was such a beautiful day to watch soccer. |
 |
| Elisa wanted to go to Tuscaloosa and spent the day with Madison. |
 |
| Hannah, Sarah, Kaylyn, Savannah, and Elisa |
 |
| Jay and Elisa had a blast at the Birmingham Botanical Garden. |
 |
| Jay is #25. |
 |
| Dylan, Lathen, Chandler, Emory, Nathan, and Elijah. Jay is in the far back. |
 |
| Elisa is showing off her smooth moves. |
 |
| Jay and Connor. |
 |
| Connor and Jay |
 |
| I was trying to get a picture of Elisa and instead got a great shot of Nathan. |
 |
Elisa and Sarah would go up to some guys and start dancing in front of them.
As soon as the guys would start dancing, they would leave. |
 |
| Talli, Elisa, Jay, and Solomon. |
 |
| I learned how to make homemade pizza crust at school. Yummy! |
 |
| I finally made some tooth fairy pillows for a friend. She is a big Alabama fan, so the back is Houndstooth and the front is Crimson. I have made a few more in different colors. So if you know anyone with kids loosing teeth, let me know and I will make one. Yes, I do charge a small fee for my handiwork. |
 |
I can't leave the Bark Ingram out of the blog. She got a "new" stuffed animal from the thrift store
and went right to work "loving" it. |
 |
| If you ever come over and find fluff everywhere...now you know why. |
 |
| Bark Ingram decided to lay on Jay's lap. I don't think she figured out that she is a little big. |
 |
| Elisa's creation from Bark Ingram's stuffed animals. |
 |
| My friend Sheena married her finance last week at Lake Guntersville Resort. She was so beautiful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment