I did get a little burnt, except where my hat covered my skin. Jon suggested I get a bigger hat. I spent more time in the water than the shade. The water was so cool for a hot day. There were little minnows swimming in the water. If I stayed completely still the minnows would swim into me or swim over my legs. That was a little weird, but cool at the same time. Noel brought lots of floaties and sand toys to play with. It was a relaxing morning. We started packing up after four hours. Good thing too because the dark gray clouds were rolling in with some thunder. Two hours after we got home the storm finally dumped it's rain.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Rocky Branch Park - Holt Lake, Alabama
I finally took some time off of work to do something fun with my favorite kids. I recruited some friends who knew a nice place on Holt Lake. We followed three mini-vans to the park. The kids pointed out that I drive a SUV, so I don't fit in. Well, I try to follow my own little path. The park was great. We had shade within 30 feet of the lake. There was a bright yellow pole, which helped keep the kids within the shallow areas. My kids found the deeper section. Alex, Chris, and Elisa were successful in burying Jay to his knees. Don't worry Jay didn't fight with them, in fact, he did quite a bit of digging himself. The kids were excited they were finally taller than Jay.
I did get a little burnt, except where my hat covered my skin. Jon suggested I get a bigger hat. I spent more time in the water than the shade. The water was so cool for a hot day. There were little minnows swimming in the water. If I stayed completely still the minnows would swim into me or swim over my legs. That was a little weird, but cool at the same time. Noel brought lots of floaties and sand toys to play with. It was a relaxing morning. We started packing up after four hours. Good thing too because the dark gray clouds were rolling in with some thunder. Two hours after we got home the storm finally dumped it's rain.
I did get a little burnt, except where my hat covered my skin. Jon suggested I get a bigger hat. I spent more time in the water than the shade. The water was so cool for a hot day. There were little minnows swimming in the water. If I stayed completely still the minnows would swim into me or swim over my legs. That was a little weird, but cool at the same time. Noel brought lots of floaties and sand toys to play with. It was a relaxing morning. We started packing up after four hours. Good thing too because the dark gray clouds were rolling in with some thunder. Two hours after we got home the storm finally dumped it's rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Blog Archive
-
►
2015
(2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (1)
-
►
2014
(1)
- ► 01/19 - 01/26 (1)
-
►
2013
(2)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (1)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (1)
-
►
2012
(7)
- ► 12/23 - 12/30 (1)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (1)
- ► 05/27 - 06/03 (1)
- ► 05/20 - 05/27 (2)
- ► 01/29 - 02/05 (1)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (1)
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 09/18 - 09/25 (1)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (1)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (3)
-
▼
2010
(18)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (4)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (2)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (2)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (1)
-
►
2009
(7)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (1)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- ► 07/26 - 08/02 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (1)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (1)







No comments:
Post a Comment