Saturday, May 15, 2010

This blog has not been forgotten

I must apologize for not updating the blog sooner. A lot has happened since I last posted. Jay and Elisa both had their birthdays in March. Can you believe it they are now 14 and 12 years old. Next year, Jay will be a Freshman in high school and Elisa moves to the 7th grade.  Jay is 5' 9" now and Elisa is barely 4' 10".



During the school year our lives are filled with activities. During the spring, Jay kept us busy with soccer games. Some weeks we had 3 games to attend. Elisa had a wonderful trip with her choir to Washington D.C. last month. Life seems hectic and yet boring at the same time.

Jon finished his last semester at law school. He graduated last Saturday. He takes the bar exam the end of July. Currently his plans are to go back to school in August to take classes to earn his LLM degree. He hasn't found a full-time job that suits our needs as a family. So our plan is for him to keep using that monthly GI Bill. He has a BS degree, now a JD degree, so why not add a LLM degree. He will receive a tuition discount since I am an employee at the University.


I am also taking two classes a semester to work towards a degree in Elementary Education. One of my employee benefits is my tuition is paid for. Yeah! Free education! I have thought about changing my degree to Geology, but unfortunately, with my full-time work schedule I will not be able to take the classes required.

We love living here in Alabama. We do miss all of our family and friends in California, but Alabama has given us many new opportunities that California did not provide us. If the right job comes along for Jon in California, we would consider it. But the high cost of living will keep us in Alabama. Elisa and I absolutely love the thunderstorms, unfortunately, this past spring we have not had many tornado producing storms, which are the best. In the past 2 1/2 years we have not had one tornado near us. The last one in our neighborhood was in December 2000, before these homes were built. It was rated an F4. I found a video of it on youtube. F4 Tornado- Tuscaloosa, AL December 2000

Must get going on my day. Lots or errands and projects to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment